When you spend most of your time thinking about construction, it can seem like a difficult switch to deal with marketing.
The good news is that you don’t have to change your approach, you can still
Build Your Marketing Strategy Like a Construction Site
Start with the Foundation
You need to have a solid base, and that includes the initial digging. You need to research and really consider the foundation before you do anything else. There is a lot you need to know, such as finding out the history of the site, uncovering information, and thinking about your strategy for marketing.
Have a Plan
You would never start working at a site without having considered every aspect and draw up plans. This is exactly what you need to do when you start working on your marketing strategy.
You need to set up just as many different aspects of your marketing strategy as you would a construction site:
- Budget (of course) – all of the other elements need to be based on this one aspect, so it is something you will need to keep in mind.
- Phases – marketing has to be phased and followed up on.
- Schedules – you have to be able to target dates (and it is a bit easier because it isn’t affected by the weather).
- Teams – there are different components to every marketing strategy, so you need to have teams to manage different parts.
- Materials – there are so many different tools, apps, and social media components, you have to decide what you will use and how you will use it.
- Size – each phase, piece of material, and team needs to have a predetermined size before anything gets started.
There are many types of marketing plans you can follow that are equally as efficient.
Know How You Will Coordinate with the Crew
Communication is absolutely essential when it comes to marketing, just like at a construction site. If you are working remotely it is even more important to communicate the correct way.
You need to make sure that everyone is on the same page at all times. From the logo and slogan to the time frame and issues, the team needs to make sure that they are aware of everything and can follow through with projects to serve their clients.
When you build your marketing strategy like a construction site, you are thinking of one main goal – to make your clients happy and increase referrals and sales.
Keep it simple when you are thinking of the steps you need to take to create a successful marketing campaign.